Ch. 4, Political Economy (96-133)
- Compose a group-authored discussion question. Be prepared to present your question and some relevant insights to the class.
- Describe your political attitude and ideology, using terms and concepts from today's chapter. In what ways are your attitude and ideology similar to or different from those of your peers?
- How does a society's (broader) culture inform its political culture? What are some specific examples?
- Make as many connections as you can between the key terms listed on page 95. Be specific.
- What themes and ideas inform this chapter? How do these connect to previous chapters?
- How does this chapter contribute to our understanding of comparative politics?
- How does this chapter help us make sense of what goes on in "the real world"?
- How might we best address relevant issues or problems raised in/by this chapter?
- Forward two specific connections between your assigned report and this chapter.
- In the context of today's chapter, what do you find most (a) surprising; (b) informative; (c) discouraging; and (d) fixable in your assigned report? Explain your answers.