Ch. 9, Intergovernmental Organizations and Nongovernmental Organizations (318-339)
- What were you surprised to discover about the UN? What came as no surprise? Why?
- What are the UN's most important strengths and weaknesses? Support your answers.
- How and why do you think the UN should change? How and why should it stay the same?
- What's the UN's most important work? Absent the UN, how would this get done? Explain.
- Who or what is responsible for UN failures? For UN successes? How might this matter?
- How did this chapter contradict or reinforce what you previously thought about the UN?