Tue, Mar 3
POL 300-800, Global Diplomacy
Spring 2020 | warkentin.xyz/300
- Exam 1 is due on Thursday (at 2:20)
- Questions for canceled class dates
Ch. 8, Cyber-diplomacy
- In what specific ways can a state engage in cyber-diplomacy? Which of these is/are most useful, and why?
- Do states necessarily benefit from increased opportunities to engage in cyber-diplomacy? Explain your answer.
- How has the increased speed of diplomacy, created by the use of cyber-diplomacy, influenced the norms of diplomacy?
- Should states regulate the use of cyber-diplomacy, as they have other aspects of diplomacy? How so, or why not?
- How much attention should cyber-diplomacy receive in an informed study of global diplomacy? Justify your response.
Ch. 9, International financial relations
- What, exactly, do international financial institutions have to do with "global diplomacy"?
- How much do we really need to know about the particulars of this issue? Which particulars, and why?
- Are the IMF and World Bank the best forums for handling these international relations? Why or why not?
- Absent the IMF and World Bank, how would these issues be addressed? How should they be, and why?
- What "lessons learned" from international financial diplomacy also apply to other issue areas? How so?